Date: September 20-23, 2018
About Lake Champion Men’s Weekend
The Lake Champion Men’s Weekend is an opportunity for you to disengage from the “busy”ness of life – to
discover and reflect on meaningful priorities and true significance in your life.
We invite you to spend a few days in a beautiful wilderness setting – away from it all – an adventure
for the mind, body, and soul. Your future is your greatest asset, and the choices you make every day
will determine where it leads. Join us for a weekend experience that can impact the rest of your life.
- Fishing and boating
No license is required for fishing and boats are available, however please bring your own equipment. Kayaks and canoes are also available for use.
- Need some high-adrenaline adventure?
Try our ropes course up in the tree canopy, concluding in a 50’ free fall over a rocky stream. Take a leap off the tower for a 700’ ride on the zip line down the mountain into the lake. Test your courage on the climbing wall, or the 3-person free-fall “screamer” swing. Catch some air while tubing behind the quick-turning powerboat on the lake.
- Like active sports?
Lake Champion is a great place to get some exercise or just have fun. Shoot hoops until far into the night in the full size open-sided gymnasium. Get a volleyball game together by the lake. Go for a run or bike ride on over nine miles of trails around the property and lots of roads in the vicinity. Go swimming in the lake, bring your mountain bike or motorcycle for some great riding through the woods or on some quiet roads. And if there’s still time… get together a game of frisbee golf, play ping pong, foosball, shuffleboard or shoot some pool.
- Just want to relax?
The beautiful setting and quiet serenity of Lake Champion will undoubtedly invite you to spend some quality time to just simply relax… something we often don’t take the time to do in our busy lives. Pull up a lounge chair on the beach or a rocker on the porch, take a quiet walk in the woods, or soothe your muscles in the relaxing hot tub for your enjoyment.
When should I plan to arrive?
The weekend starts with dinner on Thursday evening at 7:00 pm. Registration begins at 3:00 pm, where you will receive your name badge and lodging information. You may arrive anytime after 3:00pm.
How can I be sure to room with my friends?
On the registration form is a space for a group or church name. Encourage everyone to use the same name and we will make every attempt to keep you all together or close by.
If at the last minute I cannot attend, can I just give my spot to a friend?
To be fair, we maintain a waiting list and those on the list are given first chance. The best approach is to contact us as soon as you know you cannot attend. There are no refunds, but you may inform Priority One that you are substituting someone else in your spot, or you may use the registration fee as a donation to Priority One.
Are there any last minute openings?
There is often the possibility of last minute openings as some cancellations may occur due to unexpected circumstances. Please contact Steve Fessler at 484-274-1653 to inquire about availability.
How much does the weekend cost?
If you register during the early registration period, the cost of the men’s weekend at Lake Champion is $225. After July 15th the registration fee increases to $260. For more information, please see Registration Form on the brochure. If you have any questions, or would like to discuss the need for a financial scholarship, please contact Steve Fessler at 484-274-1653 or
Donation for Scholarships
Please consider offering an additional gift donation toward financial scholarships to help other men to attend the weekend who may have financial hardships. If you choose to do so, simply indicate the total amount you will be sending (including registration fee) on the line provided on the registration form. If you register online and would like to donate an additional amount, please select the quantity of $50 scholarship donations you would like to provide. You will receive a receipt for gifts of $50 or more.
Is there a main contact number at the camp for emergencies?
The phone number of the main office is 845-856-6871. If a call is received at this number, we will attempt to notify you as soon as possible. Please do not call this number with inquiries about the Priority One Men’s Weekend. You may also attempt to call Steve Fessler, the Priority One coordinator for the weekend at 484-274-1653.
What should I bring with me for the weekend?
- Clothes: Fall weather prevails with warm days in the seventies and cool evenings. A swimsuit and casual clothes are a must. Bring athletic footwear and comfortable clothes if you choose to participate in some of the outdoor activities. Please dress casual.
- Linens: Bedding, pillows, and towels are provided. An extra beach towel is recommended. Sleeping quarters are heated if necessary.
- Store: The Young Life camp store offers clothing, snacks, gifts, books, film, etc.
- Optional: Flashlight, mountain bike, fishing gear, Bible, notebook, camera.
- Chairs: The room for large group meetings is designed with carpeted tiered floor seating without chairs. A large number of men attend this event each year, therefore please limit the use of chairs to small, padded collapsible stadium seats. Other types of chairs, such as umbrella chairs, beach chairs, folding chairs, etc. take up valuable space and create obstructions, and therefore are not permitted. Exception to this restriction will be permitted only at the extreme perimeter of the room for those men with orthopedic medical conditions preventing them from sitting on the floor.
- Other Questions: Please call Steve Fessler – Area Director, Priority One LV with any questions 484-274-1653.
- Have a question not answered above? Why not email us right now? We’ll do our best to answer it. Email .
Directions & Map
Click here to download the brochure.
Registration may be done on-line by clicking the link above. To download a hard-copy registration form, please click HERE.
We accept all major credit cards. If this billing address does not match your credit card billing info it will result in a decline.
For questions or assistance, please contact —Area Director, Priority One Lehigh Valley.
Are You Interested in Work Crew? If you have attended the men’s weekend before, and know that you want to participate on the dining hall Work Crew please check that option on the registration form. If you are registering online, please select 1 on the drop down under the Work Crew Registration section. Please see Lake Champion Men’s Weekend brochure for more information regarding Work Crew.